I. For this essay, I want to use a global approach on the issue for the "freshman 15." In this essay I would also like to use a proposal approach instead of using a policy approach. I want to use a proposal approach because I believe that it will be easier for me to get my point across this way by giving a lot of information on the issue.
II. The major problem with the "freshman 15" is that no one can really find that it does in fact happen and that there is no exact weight gain. Some other problems are if they can't find out exactly what it is that causes college freshman to gain weight if any at all then they can't pin point what you can do to prevent it. The main debate for this issue is that some say that the "freshman 15" is real and that you will gain as much as fifteen pounds your first year in college, and the others say that there is no such thing as the "freshman 15" that is just some myth. The problem is important because this worries so many incoming freshmen and it is important for incoming freshman to be aware of the facts.
III. I think that the solution for this problem is to keep on doing research about the subject until they can find exactly what it is that cause's incoming freshman to gain weight and exactly how much weight they will gain. If they keep on doing these experiments then than can someday put an end to the "freshman 15." And if they are able to do this it will put many incoming freshman at ease and they want stress so much about their weight anymore. They can then give college freshman the information on what is the best to eat and what exercise is most helpful to stop weight gain. Once all this has been done I believe that the so called "freshman 15" will just kind of die out and no one will worry about it anymore.
IV. I believe that if they keep researching this subject they will be able to finally figure out if there really is a weight gain and it will also help put a stop to worries of incoming freshman. I also believe that once they figure out the causes they will be able to help freshman to not gain weight. The more they know about this the less people will worry about it.
V. I am basing my proposal off the point of view that the "freshman 15" doesn't really exist. One of the sources I will be able to use from my exploratory paper is from "Freshman 15: Valid Theory or Harmful Myth" the authors in this paper say that they found no significant weight gain at the end of the year.
VI. The one concern that I have is that the topic I chose for my last paper doesn't really work for this new paper. As of now I don't have any questions about his paper.
Monday, April 20th, 2009
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment