I picked an article from The Daily Gamecock about gas stations charging customers extra for using credit cards.
http://media.www.dailygamecock.com/media/storage/paper247/news/2008/07/16/News/Gas-Charges.For.Charging-3391240.shtml?reffeature=recentlycommentedstoriestab
The argument in this article is wether or not it is right for gas stations to charge the customers extra to use there credit cards or not. One guy said that it is not right to charge people extra because it is just a good as money if not better in some ways. Another said that the gas stations have no other option with gas prices being the way they are. Although you can see this from many different angles many customers have no clue about being charged four to twelve cents more for using their card. In 2007 the National Association of Convenience Stores said credit card fees were costing the convenience stores $7.6 billion. Yes that is a lot of money but I think that if they don't to have to pay the extra for the credit card use then why even bother to have the machines in their store. I don't believe it is fair for the stores to have the machines for you to use but yet they are charging you extra just so that you can use them. It is there responsibility not the customers. If they don't want the extra fees then don't have a card machine and there want be any problems with this issue. Charging extra for gas is crazy because gas is already so high it's not right for those of us who do not carry cash around to make us pay more.
Monday, April 20th, 2009
17 years ago
I think you did a great job explaining both sides of the argument about charging more if using a credit card instead of cash for gas. I also like that you put your opinion on the issue in the assignment.
ReplyDelete