February 10, 2009

Post Secret

I believe that the text in this message is text that is trying to make you see beyond just the actual picture and that it has more meaning than what you see. I think that there is a verbal explicit claim in this image. I believe that the implicit claim is that she is telling you what she fears will happen to her daughter if she has one. I think that the author is a female and that she suffers from an eating disorder. The audience is for people who my have the same secret or just anyone interested in others secrets. I do believe that the text does help support what is being implied. I think that the visual component plays on your emotional card because it is a picture of a little girl crying.

1 comment:

  1. You did a good job of analyzing the post secret card. I like your view and found that I assumed the same things about the author when I looked at the card.

    ReplyDelete