January 14, 2009

Short Writing Assignment 1

Describe your best writing experience. What made it so good? Now describe your most frustrating writing experience. What made it so bad? Which of these two experiences affected you the most? Why?

I guess my best writing experience would have to be when I had to pick an ad that was created to appeal to a certain audience. So that I could create an analysis of the ad targets a certain audience and what ideal, ideas this particular ad takes advantage of there audience to get the message across. The fact that I really got into this assignment and understood exactly what it was that I thought the ad was trying to say made it so good.

My most frustrating writing experience was the last paper I had to write for English 101. I had to analyze the brand style of two similar products. This was most frustrating for me because I wasn't able to relate as well to this particular assignment. I couldn't get past the part of analyzing the brand style of two similar products. I wasn't really sure exactly what that was supposed to mean.

The one that affected me the most was the good writing experience because it made me feel good to know that I had written a pretty good paper and that I knew what I was trying to get across to my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Since we were both in the same English class last semester, I can relate to both of your writing experiences. I agree that analyzing two different brand styles was very frustrating and seemed somewhat unclear to me too. I had never had an assignment for english that studied brands, so this was a new experience that I wasn't used to either. I also agree with you that the assigment on ads was a fun topic and interesting to write about.

    ReplyDelete